Tuesday, November 24, 2015

OOTD: A Return (ish)

Look at me go! Another blog post and it's NOT six months later.

All is basically the same in Nowhere Land. I'm slowly getting my creative buzz back, although it's hard. I'm still looking for a weekend job to supplement my week day part time office job. But, after six long months, I randomly cooked up a new tutorial and I'm very happy with how it turned out.

Strangely enough, this was my inspiration.

Snapped Garters
I saw this beautiful image over on Snapped Garters and I mulled it over. There was something I loved about this strong stripe and bold color combination. I looked at both of the outfits in the picture and realized I'd wear both of them! Even now!

I didn't reference the pic while I was making my new tutorial, which is bad because I remembered the stripes a little different (I thought it was more patchy), but I'm so in love with the new tutorial I don't even care!

Etsy

Look at that beauty!

I LIVE for this look.  It's very comfy, very soft and has a nice v-neck style. This dress is so cute with leggings and winter boots- even though it's not exact, I love that it's still as 80's as the inspiration pic.

Details: Cirque du Frock Dress & Necklace, Thrifted Cardi, Frye Boots/Ebay

Look! It's the elusive Meghan Edge in her new natural habitat. I was so excited about this dress I just had to take an outfit pic to share. It's been a hard few months but I can still smile for the camera when I need to.

I also did my own hair, but I'll make a post about that later. Even though I cut a few inches off of it and it turned out so amazingly well, I'd still like to take it shorter, like a pixie! But I'm trying to make it closer to spring for that cut.

Speaking of hair, I've made a few crochet headbands and I listed them in the shop. I really don't like to crochet much but I'm trying to use up a large stash of yarn I brought from Philadelphia. Wouldn't this blue one match my outfit?

$18 on Etsy
I'm excited for the upcoming holiday. This is the first year in a decade that I've been with my family during the holiday season. It's difficult because I'm not emotionally in a holiday mood and I'd like to be. Yuletime is one of my favorite times of the year except for my birthday and Halloween, and I'm hurting so it's hard to be merry. On the other hand, I'm looking forward to baking cookies with my mother and watching Christmas specials with the family.

As much as there are things I wish I had, people I wish were near me that will not be, I have to say I have a lot to be grateful for this Turkey Day. I'm especially grateful to be wearing that lime green skull dress to my grandmother's house.


1 comment:

  1. Hey pretty lady I am so happy to see you blogging again, I know its been a tough year and I'm amazed how creative you keep on being. I LOVE that hat - its adorable and I love your new tutorial. Sounds like you have a fun Christmas planned with your family. I think about you a lot and only want good things for you. *Big hugs* Trees xo

    ReplyDelete